The Story of the Lost Son: Luke 15:11-31 (recorded here: verses 17-22)

"When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, 'At home even the hired men have food enough to spare, and here I am, dying of hunger!  I will go home to my father and say, "Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son.  Please take me on as a hired man."
"So he returned home to his father.  And while he was still a long distance away, his father saw him coming.  Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.  His son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.'
But his father said...Quick!  Bring the finest robe...Get a ring on his finger...

I would encourage you to find a Bible and read the whole story.  If any of you feel that he or she is not worthy to be called God's child right now, this story is for you.  Jesus uses this story as an illustration and to teach us how we must relate to God, our Father.  We might think: 'I am not good enough for God to accept me' or 'I think God will judge me severely for running away from him'.  That is where knowing who God is important and this story shows us who he is.  Even though the son did not feel he deserved anymore attention from his father, the father welcomed him with opened arms and a  great meal. 

This younger of two sons had left his father and basically, wanted a life...to waste his money on wild living or go and have fun of all kinds.  But he ended up with the pigs and even ate their food.  He became so poor and distress that is where some of us end up if we leave the Father to enjoy the pleasures of this world.  If we disregard who God is and abandon him he will leave us to do what we want and sin will steal what God has given us and some of us might end up physically dead as a result.  Sin is fun only for a little while.  It deceives and kills.  God loves us the same one from the other.  He does not compare us to one another.  He loves us each equally.
I encourage you to go to him like this son did and to forget all your pre-conceived ideas about God and find out who he is from the Bible which is the wonderful Good News of who Jesus Christ is.  The Gospel tells us that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he died on the cross for our sins to be forgiven and he rose from the dead so that we can live with him forever.  Forever with God means 'no end' and it's called 'Heaven'.  The only alternative to this is hell, a place of eternal doom and that is in the Bible also in (Revelation 20:12-14)

Each one of you is special in God's eyes and we are not more or less than the other.  The Bible is the Word of God and it tells me: He loves me (John 3:16)

Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee