The Relevancy of the Bible from God's Point of View (Ezekiel 2:9 - 3:3)

 Then I looked and saw a hand reaching out to me, and it held a scroll.  He unrolled it, and I saw that both sides were covered with funeral songs, other words of sorrow, and pronouncement of doom.

The voice said to me, "Son of man, eat what I am giving you---eat this scroll!  Then go and give its message to the people of Israel."  So I opened my mouth, and he fed me the scroll.  "Eat it all, he said.  And when I ate it, it tasted as sweet as honey.

Is the whole Bible relevant today? We all have some kind of pet.  We have pets in our houses a nd pet verses, pet scriptures we like to give to someone 'in need'.  Shame on you for doing that and not relying on His Spirit.  The wheels within the wheels.  Doing the will of the Father instead.  We can all have a verse or two to beat people over the head with, but what about the gifts that God has given you?  Don't you fear God and want to obey him?  Well then?

According to Google word search Obadiah and the book of Revelation are the least one to be read based on the report of online Bible study sites.  It would be safe to conclude that people in general are shying away from prophetic books.

Back with the four living beings, the faces of man, lion, ox and eagle.

Jesus represents all of these: 
The man as the gift of knowledge
                                               
The lion as the gift of worship
                                               
The ox as the gift of intercession
                                                
The eagle as the gift of prophecy

Well, you might say...where did you get that kind of teaching?  It was dropped in my spirit by the Lord.
All four gifts are in danger of disappearance in the Church or have been scoffed at by well intentioned religious people  I am sure. "Why don't you be quiet?" They said, "You make our ears ring"
Well, let them ring, those ears but you are losing.

A revival will only take place when we leave our wrongs at the altar of God.

Well you say, "What about you?'  I have done my part.  Do you remember when I was afraid of doing this study on Ezekiel because it was too hard?  Well, I might not be the only one.  Misery loves company.
Maybe I am not the only one who thinks that the Bible is not all relevant to the world today.  If I did, I would not be afraid to study certain parts.  I would include the prophets in my study of the Word.  The prophets are the eyes of the Church.  Do you follow what I am just saying now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Changes are happening

Making Promises to God