Be my Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

 

For a child is born to us,

A son is given to us.

The government will rest on his shoulders.

And he will be called:

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

Christmas Prayer

When I am on my knees,

Be my Prince of Peace,

Ward off the enemy!

 

When I tremble with fear,

Be my Prince of Peace!

For no one can be just as strong

And mighty as you,

 

You have been all along…

And forever you are true…

You are my…Prince of Peace!

 

Insight on this Poem:

I wrote this poem out of  Christmas blues.  Overall, I know that Jesus is my Prince of Peace when there is no peace within or without.  Furthermore, he is the One who stands out in this world as the emblem or the mark of Peace.  Where else can you honestly find that peace?  No where!

Especially now, in this time of dismay and unrest everywhere, we all need an anchor, he is.  Moreover, we all need a Rock to stand upon, he is.  Indeed, he is everything we have hoped for in God.  As well, he meets our every need, even when the essentials are no longer there, he is the essential  .  Whether you be on an island by yourself, he is there.  And even, in the bottom of the ocean still alive, he is also there.  Presently, you can embrace him, you can even hug him spiritually.  Additionally, he is alive and there for you!  Therefore, if you have an illness, he can heal you.  If you are hungry, he will feed you!  Seek him wholeheartedly!  He is your Friend!

Fourth Advent, Advent Wreath, Advent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee