Family Affairs

 

Family Affairs

 

Don’t miss it

I know that we are busy in life or rather that we like to keep ourselves busy, while our infant girl or even teenager is crying silently for our attention.  They might even be desperately wanting your approval or guidance in their life.  But you will not give it to them simply because…you are lost in your business.  Love is yet an essential need of anyone of any age.  What you give to your children now is what they will give you in return when they grow up and more.  If they are miserable now chances are that you will be miserable with them when they grow up.  That is the fate we reap in our lives.

Be all there

My life with my children was good when I was ‘all there’ with them.  When I was not given to worry about our finances and rapped in myself with divers’ anxieties.  I enjoyed playtime with them, but not fully there.  It took us a while before I realized that I needed medications to live well.  Prior that time life was very chaotic; we moved a lot.  I can only use the past as a springboard to the future and hopefully make your existence a bit better.

Grain of salt

My advice now with what I have learned would be if they are willing to accept it:  It is to be truly there with your family, friends, and relatives, but most of all to be there for your children.  Because when you and they grow older you will wish that all the time you have now as a retired person you could spent it with them, but they will have then a job of their own.  So, make time now for them while they are still in your house.

Worry robs you

Now I realize more than ever how things can rob us from a high-quality life. If you worry, stop it now.  It is robbing you from quality time with your life.  Why don’t you use worry to your advantage and do something constructive with it.  Act and go and play with your child or talk with them.  Worry is dead time.  It is a waste of valuable time that we always find ourselves ‘short of.  We cannot say then we don’t have time to our children or to our wife

Because now we should have plenty of time when we don’t worry anymore.

 Matthew 6:25

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Changes are happening

Making Promises to God