Words are Building Blocks (Proverbs 15:4) (2 Samuel 23:5)

 

Gentle words bring life and health, a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4)

Think of words as building blocks and each block is a hole (evil words) in the wall or a brick (good words). You are building a house. How are you doing when the rain is coming? Are you getting wet or protected?

In all honesty, have you ever seen your own words good or bad being fulfilled in your life?  Scary?  And, even scarier is seeing, other people's words being fulfilled in their own life when they are bad.  Words are building blocks, but not only that they can destroy someone's life in a moment.  To follow Abraham's theme on faith, I think his words followed his righteousness, his faith.  What do you think?

As I keep reading the Bible, I notice more and more words in it that are not usual everyday words that everyone speak.  I wrote in my notes on my phone the other day:

"God will constantly look after my safety and success"

Guess what?  Those words are not my own words, but guess what again? I don't know about you, but I am tired of my own words because they have brought me trouble and brokenness.  These words are God's words but David spoke them in 2 Samuel 23:5. Did you see in the Word any copyright warnings like: 'These words are mine and you better not apply them to your life or speak them out loud'.  If you don't see warnings, go for it!  It says to put them on the doorposts of your house though.

This leads me to write about worry.  What is worry?  It's a re-enforcement of confessions to your own mind that are against God's word. Basically it's unbelief.  You just keep talking to your own mind what is against the Word of God.  Indeed, I know what 'worry' is because I have been there often.

'Worry' is a place in my mind.  I try to stay away from is as often as I can.  Belief in Jesus gives me rest and peace.

It's the difference between the busy city and the quiet beach  if you know what I mean.

Finally, try to cherish and seek this quiet place in Jesus.  Your island or your garden, somewhere quiet for your mind where you see God for who he really is.  Is he your Shelter, your oasis in the desert.  Who is he to you?  Whatever quiet place you can think of.

Sunset, Denmark, Sea, Baltic Sea, Coast, Water, Nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Changes are happening

Making Promises to God