It was all Decided

 

It was all Decided

 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.  (Ephesians 1:4-5)

As I read Ephesians 1:4, 5, the famous verse about ‘predestination’ I cannot help but think about the history of my immigration trip to Canada from Europe.

A trip that had carefully been planned by my parents as they dreamed it over and again.  To me this trip was like a predestination that started by a desire which I believe originated with God.  God had given my parents soon after I was born the dream to one day make it to Canada as a family.  Originally, predestination starts with a desire in God’s heart and end with our decision to live for him.  That is the only interpretation I can give right now about predestination.  A decision made by God ahead of time since creation to have us become his children.  It is a mind-bogging concept because it leaves so many questions unanswered especially in free will.  It is not to add to confusion but simply stand in awe of how wonderful God is.  It begs me to ask one question…  “Does predestination ever stop at salvation, or does it stay with the Christian all his life?  I conclude that in his mercy God has predestined everyone and the decision is up to the individual and yes it stays with the Christian all his or her life and lasts until the job of sonship is completed. This is exciting because it gives me a different outlook on trusting God as the work of sonship did not end at my salvation but keeps on and on.

Later on after I was in Canada I became a believer and I can only thank God for planning it all since the beginning of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Changes are happening

Making Promises to God