What About the End? (Daniel 12:1-4)

The world is seeking for answers about life and death and about the end.  How will it all end? 

Well, I am not an expert in prophesies but as I was seeking the Lord for his help he put on my heart the book of Daniel, one of the prophets of the Old Testament.  Daniel was used by God because he let himself be used by Him just as it is possible for us to follow Jesus today.  Jesus is our example.

 He became a channel for God’s glory to work through and we know a lot from Daniel because of his exploits such as him in the lion’s den and his refusal to bow his knee to the false gods.

That is what we should be as well and consequently God poured a lot of knowledge in Daniel about the end-times.  He will also do this with us as we follow Jesus.

 Daniel 12:1-3 “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people.  And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time.  But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.  And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.  And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.”

 But why am I even sharing these words with you?  I feel so inadequate and burdened.  I move so much by what I see and feel from other people…The burden they are under, I feel it and I want to help them, but I can’t because I feel so burdened.  All I can do is write.  That’s how I share my feelings, I cannot speak.

 If you read verse 4 next you see that the words of this book are shut.  Not to be shared till the end of times.

As I sense from the Holy Spirit in the community of believers, we can all agree perhaps that these are the end-times.  We see troubles and poverty rise.  The cost of living is increasing as people try to make ends meet.  This is real and those who trust God will shine and as my French Bible translate the first verse, Michael is the protector of God’s people and that is his assignment as an angel.  God is so good to us; He is our Protector and even more besides.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee