Job 29:19,20

For I am like a tree whose roots reach the water, whose branches are refreshed with the dew.  New honours are constantly bestowed onme, and my strength is continually renewed.

At this time in his life Job had experienced his own personal plague.  You talk about chaos he received it all from losing his children to being personally attacked physically.  It was ugly!  The coronavirus doesn't even come close to what he endured.  And now,  he is able to speak this into his life as he recalls his former blessings..."I am like a tree..."      (Check out also Jeremiah 17:7,8)
What if we spoke that word over ourselves everyday?  What a difference would that make?  What do you say to yourself?  What kind of tree are you?  A weeping willow or an oak
Do you notice a certain dignity and majesty in most trees as they stand tall and robust?
How are you doing with what's going on around you?
Are you on top of everything or down in the dirt?  I know myself I struggle, but writing and encouraging others through these blogs forces me out of my mood.  I try to be creative so that my mind is not overwhelmed.  I hope this post will help you through it all.

Now, a bit about myself...I am Bernard.  I am retired and enjoying the change.  Life is interesting to say the least.  I am fluently bilingual, I also speak French.  I came from Brussels, Belgium over 40 years ago to start a new life here in Canada.

This is only my second post and I have a lot to learn about this blogging thing.  Please be patient!
In the future, I would like to also post some of my poems as well.  So hang in there and have an awesome day!

Note: I use my favourite translation,  an old print of the New Living Translation.  I find it comes  out clearer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee