Mary, the Blessed Woman (Luke 1:26-38)

Parts of verses pertinent to Mary:
Verse 27:  God sent the angel Gabriel...to a virgin named Mary

Verse 28: Gabriel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!"

Verse 30-33: God has decided to bless you!  You will be pregnant and have a son and you are to name him Jesus.  He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High.  And the Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.  And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!"

Verse 38: Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant, I am willing to accept whatever he wants.  May everything you have said come true.

Mary was just a blessed woman because she had made herself available to the Lord God.  Like you and me can make ourselves available to God and be used.  She was no more than a blessed servant of the Most High God ready to be made the woman of God that she was for that time and hour in history.  She also could have said "no" but she was chosen that specific woman teenager, a virgin.  Her destiny was changed in an instant just as God sent Gabriel the angel to speak to her.

I have included on purpose the verses about Jesus because he is really the One our hearts must turn to as he was only now in the womb but later would rule the world as the king of Kings.

Yes Mary is only an instrument of God to be blessed and favored which really mean the same thing than 'happy'.
Each one of you, if you only believe can be blessed by God maybe not in the same capacity as her but still blessed because of your obedience to him.

Just let your heart follow your guts and accept him who will bless you beyond measure

Jesus, the Son of God is waiting for you with open arms and pierced hands to welcome you into his Kingdom.  No, you don't have to wait till you die to do it.  You can do it right now where you are.

Just pray something like this simple prayer: 

 Dear Lord Jesus!
Please forgive me for my sins
I am sorry I made you sad
By the way I lived!
I make you Savior and Lord
Over my life and heart
Come in my heart to stay
By your Holy Spirit I pray!
Now I am your child, O God my Father!
Amen!

Have a great day!
                                                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee