Everything will be alright! (Psalm 23)

  1. The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.  
  2. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
  3. He renews my strength. He guides me along right path, bringing honor to his name.
  4. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
  5. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.  My cup overflows with blessings.
  6. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
I love the book of Psalms, mostly because it was written by a man who loved God with all his heart and also because it is poetry.
But as I dug deeper into this psalm one day, I discovered it had to do all with the presence of God and being with him forever.  Even here on earth.
This psalm teaches about life and that everything will be alright as long as I am with God.  For some of you, you might think that to be with God is such a big step but it isn't.  He is everywhere and he hears your every heart beats and your whispers.  He sees your tears and he hears your laughter.  He wants in a way to make it official.  He really wants you to make him a part of your whole life.  Right now he might be on the outside but he really wants to be inside your being and participate in all your activities and dreams.  That is what this psalm really means.  It's a picture of what the life of a follower of Christ or God looks like.  It is a movie filled with peaceful moments and hard times and devastating turmoil but through it all God is with you in every verse.  You are never lacking even when the supplies are low.  Your abundance is in something else anyway and you rejoice there.  It gives you a different perspective to life, the 'sheep' 's perspective of life.  The best position in life is the sheep's position of humility and being led by the Shepherd who knows the way.  I just encourage you to look at this psalm closely, it is filled with hope and not worry, with rest and peace and not restlessness.  You end up with a new passion for the Shepherd who is Jesus Christ

I am the good shepherd.  The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. (John 10:11)

Jesus Christ is not someone you try like a new boyfriend or girlfriend.  He is forever and you will never be disappointed if he remains your Shepherd.  It's your choice.

Have a good week end!  From those I have never heard from please leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee