Humble Pursuit (Psalm 119:57-64)

 

57.  Lord, you are mine!  I promise to obey your words!  58. With all my heart I want your blessings.  Be merciful just as you promised.  59. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your statutes.  60. I will hurry, without lingering, to obey your commands.  61. Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored in your law.  62. At midnight I rise to thank you for your just laws.  63. Anyone who fears you is my friend---anyone who obeys your commandments.  64. O Lord, the earth is full of your unfailing love; teach me your principles.   (Psalm 119:57-64)

1) A prayer of the Word (v.57)

Affectionately acknowledging his intimacy with his Father, he makes this sacred promise to obey his Word.

2) A plea for God's blessings (v.58)

 Prayerfully, he asks for the greatest of blessings  which is mercy.

3) Pausing for life (v.59)

Meditatively, he consider the way to go in life and turns to do what is right.

4) Proper action (v.60)

Promptly, without hesitation he obeys for the glory of God and for his own good.

5) Walking victoriously (v.61)

Firmly anchored in the law of love, he won't fear the evil people's snares.

6) Midnight wake (v.62)

Next, he wakes up at midnight to thank the Lord for his laws

7) Anyone (v.63)

Truly, anyone who is welcomed by God is in fellowship with me as well.

8) Unseen love (v64)

Unaware of his unfailing love humans are too busy to care, yet David faithfully learns the laws

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee