The Way of Discipline (Psalm 119:73-80)

 

73. You made me; you created me.  Now give me the sense to follow your commands.  74. May all who fear you find me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.  75. I know, O Lord, that your decisions are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it.  76. Now, let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant.  77. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your law is my delight.  78. Bring disgrace upon the arrogant people who lied about me; meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments.  79. Let me be reconciled with all who fear you and know your decrees.  80. May I be blameless in keeping your principles; then I will never have to be ashamed  (Psalm 119:73-80)

1) Just follow the instructions (v.73)

We all have been created, let follow the instructions

2) Common people (v.74)

Those who fear the Lord all have a common interest in his Word.

3) Everything's right (v. 75)

God is fair in all his decisions even within discipline.

4) Sunshine after rain (v.76-77)

As unpleasant as discipline might be, a little ray of sunshine is always welcomed

5) Evil rises, the Word prevails (v.78)

The arrogant people are hurting, he  focusses on his commandments.

6) Reconciliation

  Reconciliation is needed with those who fear the Lord.

7) Blameless

A rare spice in this world.  To be blameless is very much sought after.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee