Praise God for his Word (Psalm 119:169-176)

169. O Lord, listen to my cry; give me the discerning mind you promised.  170.Listen to my prayer; rescue me as you promised.  171. Let my lips burst forth with praise, for you have taught me your principles.  172. Let my tongue sing about your word, for your commands are right.  173. Stand ready to help me, for I have chosen to follow your commandments.  174. O Lord, I have longed for your salvation, and your law is my delight.  175. Let me live so I can praise you, and may your law sustain me.  176. I have wandered away like a sheep; come and find me, for I have not forgotten your commands.

1) Important focus (v.169-170)

Naturally, the mind which is the body's rudder.  Moreover, where the battle happens.  A discerning mind in this chaotic world of heresies and theories that are contrary to his Word.  Of course, God likes reminders as confirmation that we are agreeing him.   Indeed, a reminder of what he has promised to us in the past is very appropriate.

2) Bursting in praise (v.171-172)

Of course, lips bursting in praise come in expectation of a grandiose miracle of teaching.  As a matter of fact, his Word alone deserved to be sung for all his commands are very great.

3) One last request (v.173-175)

Furthermore, as one last request in this psalm, but not in his life.  The psalmist just asks God to stand ready.  What an awesome request that is as he does not leave anything to assumption.  Stand ready for my sake as I am weak and frail without you, O my God!  Stand ready for I have chosen you!  Also, may I live to praise you, for I long for your salvation and your law is my delight and my sustainability.  A goodness that is as necessary as my daily food.

4) In the light of all this (v.176)

Finally, in the light of your Word and also in its absence in my life, I have wandered away from your presence like a lost sheep.  Desperately, I need you, please come and find me.  Yet, I have not forgotten your Word, mostly because of your faithfulness.

Conclusion

In this last passage of Psalm 119, we notice that he praise God for his Word.  Hopefully, in this psalm we have all been encouraged to handle his Word with care and respect and see it as a miracle of power in our life.  A tool we will keep always close to our heart and most of all, read and study!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee