Oh but to be content! (Philippians 4:11) (1 Timothy 6:6)

" Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." (Philippians 4:11)

"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment..." ( 1 Timothy 6:6)

Born in a materialistic society, how can I be content with what I have?  Does it include everything in life or just money?  Can I live a life without envy?

The problem is not money, but the love of money.

My struggle right now is whether to look for opportunities in my life of making more money or let them come to me.  What is the Truth?

Now the meaning of the word: Opportunity is a 'set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something' also favorable time.

This is taken from the online Oxford dictionary

So to me it clearly shows that opportunities will come your way and you don't have to look for them as this world teaches.  You have certainly heard the phrase: 'Anything that moves is easily stirred.  I think it means for us, 'keep doing what you are already doing and time and opportunities will come your way'.  Anything you ever wanted will happen as you do what is right here on earth.  God has just a way to get your attention one way or another, don't worry.

'There is a light at the end of the tunnel' promises that there is hope coming.

Trust and contentment are closely related to godliness and that is not just because it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.  It's true!

Contentment covers a whole lot of things.  I believe it means relationships as well than situations.  Again obedience is the key, obedience to what the Holy Spirit shows you in the Word.  For that you have to read it regularly.  The reading of the Word, the Bible doesn't make you holy.  The changes you make by obeying the Word make you holy as you live in trust of who Jesus wants you to be.

Be a channel of contentment: As a cook working in the industry I met especially Christians who were not content with anyway the food was served to them.  They thanked God but only for one second.  On the other hand, groups would come to the camp I was working that were 'not even aware of God' and they were truly content of everything we gave them.  We need to learn from them a lesson.

Be especially content with the food you eat.  A burned bagel later on may taste especially good when you are out of food.  Don't act spoiled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee