I Believe What you Say...

 

I believe What you Say...

Up to this point, I assumed that believing in Jesus was one package, but I found out after years of Christian living that it is not enough to believe in him.  You must believe unequivocally what he says a ‘knowledge’ that is unshakable. His Word is the Truth and that without any doubt stands throughout the ages.

Here is an example of Jesus saying the words, ‘believe me’:

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.  I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing.  He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father.” (John 14:11-12)

So, my question to myself and to each one of you is when the words in the Bible resonate to our heart. Do I or we believe what he is saying or are they forgotten and covered in sand?  It is especially important to not merely believe in Him even though it is crucial to anyone’s salvation.  It is even more important to believe what he tells us in the Bible on any given day in our quite times with him.

We must endeavor therefore ‘to know’ him to be able to trust him in what he says just as Paul said in 2 Timothy 1:12.

That is why I am suffering here in prison.  But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee