Revive me (Psalm 119:154)

 

Revive me

Some of us without admitting it need more help than others.  Honestly, I will admit it I need help more than others.  I am weak on my own, but only with God I am strong.

The Scripture I want to share with you ( Psalm 119:154) is one that God spoke to me through my French Bible, one that I had previously underline and well marked.  In French it goes as follow:

Prends ma cause en main et charge toi de moi,

comme tu l’as promis, rends-moi la vie (Psaume 119:154)

 

In English, the same verse goes like this:

Plead my cause, and redeem me,

Give me life according to your promise. (Psalms 119:154)

 

Literally, in the French there is a pleasant difference than the English.  The French translation simply says: “Take my cause in your hands and load me on yourself like you have promised, give me back my life.” 

 

I don’t find to often how personal the French translation, but this encouraged me greatly.  Some of us need our lives back.  It would be nice if someone load us up on his back and took charge of us.   This verse seems like it could be interpreted in different ways.  King David might have written this part of the Psalm 119, he was a believer calling on God to redeem him.  Redemption is not always for those who need to know God.  Salvation can be for everyone who calls on God for deliverance.  It has been promised to us since Abraham.  “Give me life” could mean also to be revived in many ways.  Are you weary? Tired perhaps?  This prayer is for you, and it is for now.  Take it to heart and make it your own!

Jesus is the Word of God (John 1:1)

He is the same yesterday, and today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee