Met with Apprehension (Isaiah 61:3-4,7)

 

Met with Apprehension

Out of my struggle to swallow all that God is showing me in his Word.  I concluded that if his response to me was as bad as mine is to him right now.  I would become very depressed.  Do we ever realize that God is himself a person with feeling.  The Holy Spirit can be grieved by us.  Is he hurt by my apprehension that I have toward him and his Word.

I tell you what I struggle with right now.  I am reading Isaiah 61:3-4 and verse 7.

I know, I know these verses are regarding Jesus’s mission on earth, but could it not be also our mission on earth?  Are we not little Christ called out to preach to the nations.  So why am I in disbelief when it happens.  Rather, I should be rejoicing at this opportunity.  I guess the grandiosity of the mission leaves me overwhelmed.  I heard once a preacher saying something like this…  “If the vision does not scare you, it is probably not from God”. I agree.

It was clearly shown to me by God that my apprehension toward his Word, the Bible is unbelief.  Why can I not believe that God being so big would bless me with a mission so important as His?

The children of Israel were constantly filled with unbelief and apprehension.  It is a very dangerous place to be if you follow what happened to them.  Some died in their unbelief, and they ended up missing the plan of what God had for them.  I want to be in the camp of those who believe, what about you?  I don’t want to fall in the hands of an angry God. I must exchange my life with His.

“And provide for those who grieve in Zion.

To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,

The oil of joy instead of mourning,

And a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,

A planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” (Isaiah 61:3)

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee