God can be trusted whole heartedly (Psalm 41)

 Today’s scripture is straight forward: 

“Blessed is the one who considers the poor!

In the day of trouble, the Lord delivers him;

The Lord protects him and keeps him alive;

He is called blessed in the land;

You do not give him up to the will of his enemies.

The Lord sustains him on his sickbed;

In his illness you restore him to full health.

(Psalm 41:1-3)

Yes although the picture changes after this verse as he goes through persecution he does not take his sight off the Lord and he return to him in victory.  Why? Based on his integrity.  The psalmist always believed that his integrity would save him.  He viewed God with a pure heart and blessed are those who are pure in heart for they shall see God.  It is the way you think God views you that affects your relationship the most.  Look at the servant who hid his talent and did not let it grow into a profit.  He did not view his master as a good master because he feared him.

The ultimate test of trust in God is reaching out to the poor.  People we would normally pass by now we have to reach out to and love them with the love of God and our most priced possession, our money.  A test of faith of who is ready to let it go not for anyone else’s sake but God.  With that promise, he will look after you in sickness and health and you will know he will bless you.  You will be able to breath the blessings because you will have been a blessing to the lowest one in society, the poor. Oh, what a feeling to reach down to the lowest and not feel the pressure of the crowd-pleasers.  It is better than $10,000 paychecks but to have the blessing of the Heavenly Father upon your life, it is very precious.  In verse 11-12 he even say it as a sign of God’s blessing:

 

“By this I know that you delight in me;

My enemy will not shout in triumph over me.

But you have upheld me because of my integrity,

And set me in your presence forever.

 

I am left with one question after this:  “Would my integrity have a complete effect on how much victory the enemy claim on me?  If so I should probably more aware of my right standing with God.  Our integrity is in Christ and in Christ we must remain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Making Promises to God

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?