Wisdom is like Soap

 Someone once asked Billy Graham, "If Christianity is valid, why is there so much evil in the world?" To this he replied, "With so much soap, why are there so many dirty people in the world? Christianity, like soap, must be personally applied if it is to make a difference in our lives." 

I feel the same way about wisdom. It must be applied personally to your life to work. Furthermore, the wisdom from Proverbs is for everyone as we read in the first verses of the book. So, whether you think of yourself to be a wise person you still need it. Proverbs guarantee you will still benefit from them. One might want to try to do just that and see what kind of results we get out from them. I suppose it would improve our lives greatly and positively. Better than any old books on positive thinking, this might eventually turn anyone into a positive person and the quality of life would be comparatively great. In other word, you can never receive enough wisdom and that is a healthy way to look at it. 

The book of Proverbs should be read in parallel to the rest of the Bible as a test book along with it. If I am to understand the rest of the Bible, then I need Wisdom to take me with her. 

I am also being careful not to put one book of the Bible over the other nevertheless first the Lord’s Spirit must be obeyed. However, I have found personally to be weak in wisdom, so I find that wisdom herself is my helper and make me strong. 

Any book of the Bible must be read with the perspective of the foot of the Cross and our sight fixed over yonder on Jesus Christ and his Blood. The book of Proverbs is a view of the two natures, the Spirit, and the flesh. One winning and the other losing ground. For us Christian we must be filled with wisdom and operate from a standpoint of victory. Our shoes set to move forward like the Roman soldiers of old. 

So, whether you are in battle or not the proper position to be in would be aggressively accepting wisdom as your sister. Jesus Christ is coming back to a victorious Church. Amen? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee