Being Single-minded in Purpose (Matthew 21;13) (Isaiah 56:7-8) Jeremiah 7:11) (Romans 6:1)

This is more like a study to do on your own if you like.  Here I just give you pointers and I know you will be blessed if you do it with me.  We start with Jesus in the Temple, clearing it from all its commerce.

He said, " The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called  a place (house) of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves!"

Now in Isaiah 56, we see that 'house of prayer' is mentioned twice.  In fact chapter 56:1-8 should be carefully studied for in verse 1, it says: "Be just and fair," says the Lord, "Do what is right and good, for I am coming soon to rescue you.

In verse 7-8 it says: I will bring them also  to my holy mountain of Jerusalem and I will fill them with joy in my house of prayer.  I will accept their burn offerings and sacrifices, because my Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations.  For the Sovereign Lord, who brings back the outcasts of Israel, says: I will bring others too, besides my people Israel."

Here we see the tremendous love that God has for the Gentile nations, any nation that is not Israel.  His heart has been after the Gentiles since Abraham but that is another story.  All nations are loved by God, but he wants them in a relationship with him as much as he wants the Israelites that the whole world might be saved through Jesus Christ.

The third passage now is in Jeremiah 7:11, but first let's look at part of verse 5, I will be merciful only if you stop your wicked thoughts and deeds and are fair to others... What caught my attention was the word 'fair' as in verse 1of Isaiah 56.

In verse 11 of Jeremiah 7 it goes like this, Do you think this Temple, which honors my name, is a den of thieves?  I see all the evil going on there, says the Lord.

In context of that passage Jeremiah 7:8-10 They thought that because they had the Temple and all the paraphernalia that goes with it, they were safe and could go back each time to their evil ways.  Stop! That is what he is saying and do what is right permanently.
Romans 6:1...Should we keep on sinning that God can show us more and more kindness and forgiveness?

This is also speaking to me as the Word of God is like a two edged sword.

The house of prayer can only be a house to pray for the salvation of Gentiles and not for a den of thieves as well.  The temple is the body that God occupies.

We are not kept safe because we go to church and have a Christian family. We have to be committed to the Lord like eunuchs (Isaiah 56:4) are to him, single minded purpose to serve God.

I encourage you to be single-minded in purpose to serve God like I am learning to do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee