God remains the same (Psalm 119:89-96)

 

89. Forever, O Lord, your word stands firm in heaven.  90. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created.  91. Your laws remain true today, for everything serves your plans.  92. If your law hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in misery.  93. I will never forget your commandments, for you have used them to restore my joy and health.  94. I am yours; save me!  For I have applied myself to obey your commandments.  95. Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my mind on your decrees.  96. Even perfection has its limits, but your commands have no limit.  (Psalm 119:89-96)

1) Unchangeable Word (v.89-91)

Set forever in heaven God's Word can be trusted for all generations.  Everything serves his purposeful plans.

2) Unspeakable Joy (v.92-93)

Sustaining words of comfort and preserving from death.  Unspeakable joy and health restored through his Word.

3) Inevitable bonding (v.94-95)

In verse 57, he declared, "You are mine".  Now in verse 94, "I am yours", which says I belong to this Savior.

As he is ambushed by the enemy, he quietly sets his mind on the Word.

4) Unlimited Word (v.96)

Perfection is limited, his Word is not.  Eternally ours to enjoy!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee