The Word of God is the Light of my Life (Psalm 119:105-112)

 

105. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.  106. I've promised it once, and I'll promise it again: I will obey your wonderful laws.  107. I have suffered much, O Lord; restore my life again, just as you promised.  108. Lord, accept my grateful thanks and teach me your laws.  109. My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your laws.  110. The wicked have set traps for me along your path, but I will not turn from your commandments.  111. Your decrees are my treasure; they are truly my heart's delight.  112. I am determined to keep your principles, even forever, to the very end.

1) What is Light (v.105)

Light is illuminating, comforting and restoring.  Light gives life to all.  The spiritual light illuminates, comforts and restores.  All you have to do is turn to it.  Jesus is the Light of the world. (John 8:12)

2) What is a decision (v.106)

A decision is a commitment to do something.   A decision needs to be made repeatedly.  There is nothing wrong in promising over and over to keep you on track and strengthen the commitment.

3) What is a need (v.107)

Suffering brings on a need of restoration.  God can meet that need.  A need is an emptiness that needs to be filled.  The Creator is almighty to meet that need whatever it might be.  All needs are big to God.

4) What is thanksgiving (v.108)

To God, it is a sweet aroma, a sacrifice of love.  Being thankful can sometimes be challenging.  God in his mercy accepts the thanksgiving from us as he sees your broken heart.

5) What is mercy (v.109)

Mercy comes from God. He lets us live one more of our evil days here on earth.  What could we give him in exchange? Nothing?  We could give him our obedience and trust.

6) What is protection (v.110)

Through guidance, God protects his children.  Here, the wicked is in the way of God's children and yet through God's wisdom he will not turn from his commandments. Here God's light comes as a protection for his life.

7) What is wealth (v.111)

Wealth should be what is considered precious to you.  What will you choose? Lasting or temporary?

8) What is forever (v.112

The time that will be spend beyond the realm of time, without end. A simple choice determines where you will spend it.  With Jesus or without him.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee