The Agony of Waiting (Psalm 119:81-88)

 

81. I faint with longing for your salvation; but I have put my hope in your word.  82. My eyes are straining to see your promises come true.  When will you comfort me?  83. I am shriveled like a wineskin in the smoke, exhausted with waiting.  But I cling to your principles and obey them.  84. How long must I wait?  When will you punish those who persecute me?  85. These arrogant people who hate your law have dug deep pits for me to fall into.  86. All your commands are trustworthy.  Protect me from those who hunt me down without cause.  87. They almost finished me off, but I refused to abandon your commandments.  88. In your unfailing love, spare my life; then I can continue to obey your decrees. (Psalm 119:81-88)

1) Hope will carry you through (v.81-84)

When coping seems difficult, hope will carry your through the waiting.  Expectantly, his promise always brings comfort while waiting.  The answer will eventually come at the right time.

2) Protection is guaranteed (v.85-86)

To the faithful, God shows himself faithful (Proverb 18:25). His commands are trustworthy through and through against the arrogant people.

3) Tenacity wins the game (v.87-88)

Almost finished off, but not quite because of God's gift of tenacity to him.  God's unfailing love kept him going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee