Jesus is the Son of God (John 10:34-38)

 

34. Jesus replied, "It is written in your own law that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!'  35.And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered.  So if those people, who received God's message, were called 'god,'  36. why do you call it blasphemy when the Holy One who was sent into the world by the Father says, 'I am the Son of God'?  37. Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work.  38. But if I do his work, believe in what I have done, even if you don't believe in me.  Then you will realize that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father."                                                                                            (John 10:34-38)


Clearly, Jesus referred to the practice of the Law.  The children of Israel presented different task and were in charge of major decisions.  Obviously, even in Psalm 82, God calls them gods.  In verse 6, "I say, 'You are gods and children of the Most High. In verse 7 though there is a 'but'  "But in death you are mere men.  You will fall as any prince, for all must die.' "

Although, Jesus present them with the words of the Law, which are words they should have known since it talked about how highly regarded they were by God.  Nevertheless, there is one difference as we see it in this psalm between them, the 'gods' and him the Son of God.  And this is death.

They will eventually die, he won't ever.  He will be Eternal.

Furthermore, Jesus shows them that he is not only the Son of God, but him and the Father are one.  Immediately, because of this they want to arrest him for saying that he was one with the Father.

Further, if you read on, because of John the Baptist's previous predictions about him many believed in him (v.40-42).

Conclusion

Finally, believing that you are a Christian or believer will not make you go to heaven, even if any of your family members are Christians it won't make a difference in your eternal life.  What matters most, it is that you believe whether Jesus Christ is who he claims to be, the only Son of God.  He is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life (John 14:6)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee