Ezekiel 37:11-13 What is your grave?

Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones represent the people of Israel.  They are saying, 'We have become old, dry bones---all hope is gone.'
Now give them this message from the Sovereign Lord: O my people, I will open your graves of exile and cause you to rise again.  Then I will bring you back to the land of Israel
When this happens, O my people, you will know that I am the Lord. (Emphasis added)

It's interesting how throughout the history of Israel how God's people have struggled through testing of all kinds.  Here they are going through the exile which was a time of great despair and hopelessness.  They probably felt distanced from the rest of the world.  They sure didn't feel like God's chosen people at the best of time because they were saying: 'We have become old, dry bones---all hope is gone.'
When people go through trials, they naturally speak but do they hear themselves say things that negate the promises of God for their lives.

Nevertheless,  God encourages them, God is saying: "I will open your graves of exile...".  Listen to this,...What is your grave right now? Is it loneliness, the no longer "new" ,but very popular Coronavirus (Thanks to the media for that one)  Do you know that when you repeat your fear, it becomes a reality? Same as faith!
God says: "I will cause you to rise again..".What a wonderful promise to keep.  The world is saying it will come back again but what is what God says through it all...I will cause you to rise again, my child!

They have now returned to their land.  God has kept his promise and the rest of the chapter tell them they will greatly prosper...and they do! Look at Israel today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee