Hindrances to Hope (Psalm 119:113-120)

 

113. I hate those who are undecided about you, but my choice is clear-- I love your law.  114. You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my only source of hope.  115, Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God.  116. Lord, sustain me as you promised that I may live!  Do not let my hope be crushed.  117. Sustain me, and I will be saved, then I will meditate on your principles continually.  118. But you have rejected all who stray from your principles.  They are only fooling themselves.  119. All the wicked of the earth are the scum you skim off; no wonder I love to obey your decrees!  120. I tremble in fear of you; I fear your judgment.

1) Hindrance to the Body (v.113-114)

Those undecided about God  repulse him.  He consider God  his refuge and shield, his word is truly his only hope.  He means it!

2) Fully intend to press in God (v.115-116)

He desperately beg God to help guard hope by removing the hindrance of the wicked.  Hope is what wins the battle.

3)  Hanging onto his principles (v.117-118)

God will sustain the Christian through meditation.  Those who stray from his principles only fool themselves.  Those principles should be guarded and are the most attacked by Satan.

4) Residue of the earth (v.119-120)

The Bible says, not I, that the wicked are useless to society.  He will get rid of them as if skimming the dross off the precious metal.  For that very reason he persevere in loving his decrees as he doesn't want to be counted among them. He is more determine to fear God and his judgment just

Conclusion

No matter what the hindrances in our lives might be, we need to persevere through and press into the things of God and not give up.   Some among the wicked, cannot be corrected and will go deeper into their doubts.  Our true allegiance should be to Christ whatever society throws at us.  We shall never give up!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Wisdom Proverbs 8:17

Changes are happening

Making Promises to God