How willing are you for changes? (Psalm 119:121-128)

 

121. Don't leave me to the mercy of my enemies, for I have done what is just and right.  122. Please guarantee  a blessing for me.  Don't let those who are arrogant oppress me!  123. My eyes strain to see your deliverance, to see the truth of your promise fulfilled.  124. I am your servant; deal with me in unfailing love, and teach me your principles.  125. Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your decrees.  126. Lord, it is time for you to act, for these evil people have broken your law.  127. Truly, I love your commands more than gold, even the finest gold.  128. Truly, each of your commandments is right.  This is why I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:121-128)

1) Vindicate me (v.121-122)

Let my righteous life be enough to vindicate me from my enemies.  Guarantee me a blessing against the oppression of the arrogant people.

2) Deliverance promised (v.123-125

Let the promise of deliverance you made to me be fulfilled. His perspective of himself as a servant is fresh and it makes him teachable to God's principles and through his unfailing love. God's decrees are understood through discernment. This only comes through revelation.

3) Desperate timing (v.126)

Sometimes, our request has to be desperate in order for God to take action in a timely manner.  Are you desperate enough to see results come to fruition?

4)Proven over and over (v.127-128)

This is well-thought out by the writer.  The psalmist let the Lord work in his life and has given him time to prove his word to him.  They are now more precious that Solomon finest gold.   Understandably,  he is able to hate every kind of false way in his own life and in the life of others.

Conclusion

We should ask God to put a desperate prayer in our heart in the presence of our enemies.  Are you truly bothered by all the evil happening around you or are you content with the status quo?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit of the Spirit...Patience?

Is It a Blue Christmas?

The Holy Spirit: My Guarantee